- 2002 – Initial discussions for establishing an economic development coordinator.
- 2003 – Contact with Rural Learning Center (RLC), Dr. Jim Beddow.
- Entrepreneurial Mapping Marshall, Day, Roberts
- 2004 – Community Profile for “Greater Marshall County” conducted.
- 2004 – SDREI Regional Leadership Plenty Course in Eden, SD
- 2005 – Dr. Jim Beddow and Linda Salmonson hosted 4 meetings.
- Presented “Greater Marshall County” Community Assets
- Identified whether communities felt an actual need to hire an economic & community development specialist.
- Steering Committee formed w/representation from each community involved.
- GLAD Fundraising
- 2006 – Formed partnership with NESDCAP & NESDEC
- Hired part-time Executive Director -shared the staff person with NESDCAP.
- 2007 - Hired Full time Executive Director - 20% time shared with NESDCAP
- 2008 Programs and Projects –the objectives for the year. (Submitted SD Community Fdn. Grant for projects in Education; Tourism; Business Development (housing); Wind Development (or energy development); and Staffing.
- Further establishing and developing relationships, administering programs and activities, and cultivating culture of entreprenuership and positive growth of our region.
- Continue to draw upon communities’ insights, needs, and participation.
- RCDI Grant -$20,000 per year for 3 years. 2007-2009 =Total grant $60,000.
- 3 Year Commitments - 2006 to 2008
- Each city contributes $5 dollars per person in their towns toward funding the Executive Director position. The Marshall County Commission contributes office space and $1 per person in the county.
- GLAD Events: Diva Purse Auction; Celebrity Pheasant Hunt; Wellness Weekend Retreat; & Bachelor Auction, Creating a Value Added community, Paint SD, to name a few.
- Corporate contributions, community organizations, and other stakeholders.